Thursday, July 11, 2013

Defining Roles or Defining Us - A guest post over at Sisters Raising Sisters

I don't open up about my marriage very often BUT after reading some amazing posts over at my friends' blog Sisiters Raising Sisters (and a moving sermon on Esther)...I felt compelled to share.  Sisters Raising Sisters is an awesome website where they speak about Empowered Traditionalism, Faith, Homemaking, and other cool tricks (like hotrodding a power wheel, seriously)!

My husband and I just celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary and while we knew we were meant to be...others were surprised to see us make it this far. Not only did we marry right out of high school but we also turned our marital roles upside down to make life work.

My husband does all of the cleaning, the laundry, and even the yardwork- He was even a work at home dad while I built a career outside of the home. You may think this makes me lazy but with 5 kids....I have a lot of toilets to take apart, items to repair, and sinks to unclog!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS