Friday, March 13, 2015

8 Affordable All Natural & Organic Sunless Tanners

I have to confess, I am in LOVE with a healthy glow! By nature, I am a very pale (eh hem...porcelain) and while some people really love that look, I prefer a natural glow.   In the past, I would do ANYTHING to get and maintain  bronzed skin! I tanned, self-tanned, bronzed, spray-tanned, did 2 at once.... you get the idea! I never went as far as "The Jersey Shore tan" BUT I definitely was a few shades darker than I am now and after changing to a more organic lifestyle, I was afraid that I may have to say goodbye to my glowing skin. You see, as much as I loved my bronzed skin, I wasn't prepared to load up on chemicals to get it nor did I want to lay in a tanning bed 3 times a week.

You may ask why I am even concerned about keeping my tanning routine organic and I can understand why it may sound weird to some people! 2 years ago I made the conscious decision to get my family healthier by paying more attention to the foods that we were putting into our bodies. After doing research and reading labels, I found that I was filling our bodies with TONS of unnecessary chemicals. Once I got our diets corrected, I started looking at my make-up and beauty routine and found that, while I wasn't putting chemicals and toxins in my body....I was slathering them on my skin! Here I was working so hard to eliminate chemicals from going into my body through food only to get them in there by placing them on the largest organ in my body - my skin! Most people view your skin as a barrier but it is actually more of a sponge like conductor! There are actually studies that show the chemicals from our makeup can often be found in newborn babies!

If you don't believe me...try this! Cut a fresh clove of garlic in half and rub it on the bottom of your foot. Give it about 10 minutes and you may start to taste the garlic in your mouth. That is because the garlic was absorbed into your system just like everything in your skincare routine!

So, I made the switch to a completely all-natural and organic beauty routine too! At first, I was terrified of the cost of an organic beauty routine BUT found that not only do I now need less makeup..I also need way less skin care product! I also save money by doing some of the work myself. I make my own body scrubs, moisturizers, even a DIY bronzing spray, etc (Here are some GREEN BEAUTY ON A BUDGET TIPS). My skin feels AMAZING and looks super healthy BUT that wasn't good enough... I still want my GLOW!


Tan VS. Not so much! NO FOUNDATION EITHER LOL
Smells SOOO GOOD!
Anyway, I did some home work and found that I was in luck and there are GREAT SELF TANNERS AVAILABLE that fit both my need for safe all-natural ingredients AND fit into my budget! Here are 8 that I am in love with!

**TIP! To achieve the best results exfoliate before using the self tanning products!  You can use one of the amazing DIY scrub recipes listed HERE or any that you have hanging around. Make sure you stay moisturized after self tanning to prolong your healthy glow!

 #1  Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunless Tanner, 4 Ounce Tube - $10
 I really like the Alba brand and LOVE that they are pretty easy to find locally!
  • Works in just about 3 hours
  • 100% vegetarian and no animal testing
  • No parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or artificial colors


  • #2 True Natural Self Tanner: Anti-Aging Face & Body, Light-Medium Tan 3.4 fl.oz.  - $15
    Again, well reviewed and from a very well respected company!
  • Certified Vegan, USDA Certified Biobased Product, Natural Products Association Certified
  • Zero Chemicals, Zero Harmful Ingredients, Made with Certified Organic Ingredients
  • Streak Free Color
  • Safe for the For Face and Body

  • #3 Nature's Gate Glow Lotion, medium skin tones, 16 Ounce Bottle - $8
    I love Nature's Gate products and use them A LOT! Great price!
    • Color appears in about 1 day after use
    • No artificial colors
    • C'mon - budget friendly!
    #4 Suntegrity 5 in 1 Natural Self Tanner
    I LOVE that this is infused with so many botanical extracts! It smells amazing!
    • Made with Eco-Certified DHA from sugar beets
    • Smells Great - natural coconut scent
    • Packed with botanical extracts (including Goji, Acai, Mangosteen, & Noni), hydrating organic oils, nourishing vitamin E, and youth promoting antioxidants
    • FREE OF: Parabens Petrochemicals Phthalates Silicones Propylene Glycol Mineral Oils Artificial Oils
    #5 Lavera Self Tanning Lotion - $30
    Seriously, this tanner has won more awards than any others that I have seen!
    • This one comes HIGHLY recommended by beauty experts
    • Color in just a few hours
    • Loaded with Organic Macadamia Seed Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Organic Calendula Flower Extract and Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice.
    #6 Norvell Professional Venetian Sunless Mousse 8 Oz - $14
    • 100% vegan, Paraben free, Gluten free
    • Foam for easy to apply, flawless color.
    • Patented blend of Organic Eco-Cert® DHA and bronzers to compliment all skin tones. Found only in Norvell Professional Products.

    #7 ECO Tan - Organic Winter Skin Gradual Tanner + Moisturizer (Face+Body) - $45 (larger size)Winter Skin Acts Not Only As A Nourishing Moisturizer But As A Gradual Tanning Lotion As Well!
    • Hydrating Rose Extract Sooths skin!
    • Beautiful Glow After just a few used!
    • Great ingredients

    #8 Hempz: Touch of Summer Moisturizer for Fair Skin Tones, 8 oz - $19
    • Provides a light touch of color
    • Smells GREAT
    • Well reviewed
    • 100% Pure Organic Hemp Seed Oil

     I hope you have enjoyed this list of All-Natural and Organic Sunless Tanners! If you have a suggestion, I would LOVE to try it! Leave a quick comment and let me know!
     
    ENJOY YOUR HEALTHY & SAFE SUNNY GLOW!

     I would love for you to follow me for more
    organic living tips, healthy recipes, and green beauty DIY!

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

     
    BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS