- A beautiful BIG breakfast. I recently made a fun batch of Crepes that the kids fell in love with. They are easy to make AND a great way to start a snow day - You can grab the recipe HERE.
- A Warm and Snuggly Bed! - this is the photo that started it all This bedding set from Parachute Is now on my MUST BUY list! It is a duvet cover so can be placed around any comforter - talk about a quick change for the bedroom! PLUS this bedding set has a purpose! For every Venice set purchased, Parachute Homes will donate a life-saving malaria net to Nothing But Nets - Almost 1600 so far!
- Great movies – Ever since I found out that our new Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi also streams, I have become addicted to Netflix and Amazon Prime. I tried the Roku Stick first but had no luck with the signal. This was WAY faster to set up, gets a great signal, and also plays Blu-ray discs! It is actually saving us money too because we were able to cut down on our cable! Join Amazon Prime - You Can Watch Over 40,000 Movies & TV Shows Anytime - Start Free 30 day Trial Now! It's awesome and the yearly fee is only $99! It covers tons of free apps, free movies, series, and books and also streams to my blue ray player, laptops, kindles, and phone!
- A steaming bowl of soup! Check out my super easy recipe for Black Bean Soup - HERE! This ORGANIC soup has only a few ingredients and is a family pleaser. It is also fun to make a “buffet” of toppings so each person can jazz it up on their own!
- A nice bowl of Ice Cream! Since I try to be as healthy as possible - even my "cheat meals" sometimes are healthy. This rich and creamy ice cream is actually made from frozen bananas and is AH-MAZING! Grab the recipe HERE and while you are at it, you might as well make some of this homemade Chocolate Sauce. It's too easy, super healthy for you AND you can make it both low-carb and VEGAN. Check it out HERE
- Hot Cocoa – or coffee! I never really was much of a coffee drinker…it’s too bitter for me BUT I can’t resisit a great cup of cocoa with the kids. Since I am committed to an organic lifestyle, not just any cocoa will do – luckily for me the new Keurig 2.0 K350 Brewing System allows me to make a batch big enough for the whole family and will keep it warm in the decanter PLUS there are organic options available!
- A mini- spa day experience! I have a 6 year old daughter so a spa day is a great way to spend an afternoon bonding with the mini and a super relaxing way for mommy to spend a snow day! Going to the spa is WAY too pricey for me so I have found MANY DIY spa alternatives that are organic, easy to make, and CHEAP! Check out a few here- Anti-Aging Mask, Cellulite busting Vanilla Latte Body Scrub, DIY Body Slimming Weightloss Wraps, Sweet Hot Cocoa Body Scrub, DIY Self Tanner
- An AMAZING candle! While this goes for any day, there is something about drinking a warm cup of cocoa (or playing spa day) next to an awesome smelling candle! I found this gorgeous beauty on the Parachute website…While it is a bit of a “splurge” candle for the every day, for a relaxing day, it is a MUST HAVE in Lavender & Eucalyptus! Again, PARACHUTE is a place you can feel good about splurging at! Check out how they give back HERE
- A glass (or two) of great vino! Okay, so I can’t endulge while the 5 kiddos are running around the house BUT I can partake after bed time ! There is an awesome company out there now called Club W where you can have a wine shipped to your house. This truly is perfect for yourself or as a gift for a friend! Right now, you can get HALF OFF Your first month! Click HERE to learn more
10. This one is a bonus – MY FAMILY! The crepes, the movies, the spa day, and even the warm and snuggly bed wouldn’t be the same without my husband and my 5 munchkins. They make everyday special – even when we are trapped inside watching the snow fall!
I hope that you enjoyed my list. These 11 things make any snow day bearable and honestly make them go buy too fast. WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A COZY SNOW DAY?
*This post was not sponsored by any companies nor was I paid to promote these items. These are items that I use, want, or have fallen in love with. If you do make any purchases from the links contained, I will make a small commission. Thank you in advance.