Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gourmet Pizza Gone....... Healthy?!?!

The O-O-Mushetta Pizza

(Organic, Onion, Mushroom & Feta Pizza)

My new family favorite!

Recently, on a vacation, my husband and I experienced our all time favorite pizza. This was no regular pizza-It was a yeast crust topped with caramelized onions, multiple types of mushrooms, 2 types of cheese, a garlic oil base, a drizzle of truffle oil, and was finished with garlic aioli. My friends....I am talking about the Holy Shiitake pizza from Mellow Mushroom. To me, The Mellow Mushroom is a fantastic place. They have a "hippie" vibe and serve organic, fresh items with TONS of vegan and vegetarian options. Craving this pizza, I decided to look up the nutritional information...bad idea. This culinary masterpiece that we love so much is certainly not an option for our new healthy eating plan! 1 small slice has about 680 calories and 40 grams of fat...YIKES.

Something had to be done...I want my pizza! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS