Sunday, August 28, 2016

DIY muscle relieving ointment and a Tennis Elbow Brace Review!


Let's face it...we all get muscle aches and pains. In my daily life, I am constantly lifting, carrying, stocking, using a computer, twisting, bending...you name it- I do it! One other thing I always do is try to go as organic and all natural in my treatments of ailments and illnesses. It's very important to me that we do what we can to control the amount of chemicals we place in and in our bodies and this includes how I treat muscle aches and pains. Sure, I could go buy a container of ICY HOT or some other over the counter remedy but the ingredients are pretty lengthy and honestly, for me, the fewer ingredients...the better.

This brings me to this recipe. A super easy, natural muscle ache remedy. It takes just a few minutes to make and is made with ingredients you can easily obtain!

You will need:
  • 1/2 cup of coconut oil
  • 5 drops peppermint essential oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Cayenne pepper
  • 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil

What I love about this is that it is sooo easy to make! Take a plastic container and slightly melt the coconut oil. It will only take a few seconds in the microwave. Once it is melted...add the ingredients and stir! Once cooled, the coconut oil will go back to a solid state. You can leave this at room temp or store in the fridge then rub it on achy muscles as needed.

Coconut oil makes an amazing carrier for this ointment as it has tons of nourishing properties for your skin. It is also a very clean oil with no additives. The peppermint oil will provide the cooling sensation.  Cayenne is good for a few reasons. First, it contains capsaicin which helps alleviate pain and, second,  it also promotes circulation which will help muscles rebound and heal. The eucalyptus oil helps with inflammation and natural pain relief.

Now, if you wanna a little relief and pain prevention...you can also try a brace! They are easy to use and provide some relief...which was shocking to me!  I found these awesome tennis elbow braces on Amazon. When they arrived, I opened the box and thought...really, this is it?  Well, I guess it was! They are one size fits all and You got two in a pack so its already a deal. They are easy to put on and You can wear these while doing almost anything as they don't get into the way and don't restrict your motion. I am not sure how they work exactly but They simply seem to provide the right amount of pressure and maybe even help your muscle move in the right way to keep further injuries. These were well made, easy to use and were a great deal!

This tennis elbow compression brace is available from Amazon and you can get it HERE.




Do you have a natural remedy for pain, aches, or illnesses? Let me know!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS