Tuesday, February 10, 2015

DIY Slimming Body Wraps & 3 other Organic Body Scrub Recipes!

I am sure that you are all well aware of the slimming body wraps that are available on the market. The basis behind them is very simple and I have tried them and can say that they do work BUT spending a hundred bucks or so a month for maintenance - not in my budget!

So, I did what I know how to do...I researched and found a way to get the same results by doing it myself! I now can wrap as much as I want a month for a fraction of the cost of 1 of the popular wraps! Now, please know that I am not knocking the wraps....I clearly tried them and like them.  They provide a great result and are filled with lots of natural goodness but the price just isn't right for me.

Here is how I got the popular "slimming wrap" results at home. The basis behind my at home wraps is easy...the salt in the rub seeps into your body through the skin resulting in your body forcing out unnecessary water. The added bonus in my version is that the caffeine from the tea will help fight cellulite! It is NOT a get slim quick fix...just an extra boost to make your jeans fit a little better. The best part is that you can wrap any area of your body that you would like! Your arms, legs, thighs, and belly! Sorry, I will NOT be posting before and after pictures...you can thank me if you would like! I do not have results to hide...just some stretch marks and a few extra pounds :)

Now..I have included all of the ingredients for you in the recipes. You can add any essential oils you would like.

Version 1:

Here is what you need:
  • Ace bandage or some type of fabric that can absorb water and be wrapped around the body. Heck...I am so cheap that I used an old pair of blue jeans and cut straight down the legs to make nice long strips! PERFECT!
  • The "recipe" - basically you will need - water, tea bags, salt, and coconut oil (or a moisturizer)
  • Saran Wrap - to lock in the  moisture and body heat!
  • Some time. You can sleep in this or simply wear it around the house...up to you!
The Recipe: You will see different versions of this online. Some call for clay or any white lotion. I chose coconut oil because of its organic, moisturizing, and natural healing properties. You can certainly select to use a lotion in its place.
  • 2 cups of water
  • 3 tea bags (I chose green tea)
  • 1/4  cup sea salt
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil  
  • 8 ounces of water
Directions:
  1. Bring 2 cups water to boil with most of the salt and tea bags.
  2. Drink the 8 ounces of water before wrapping
  3. Let water boil for about 2 minutes then allow it to begin cooling
  4.  While the water is boiling, combine the remaining salt (about 2 tbsp) with the coconut oil and massage into the area(s) you are treating. 
  5. Unroll the ace bandage and soak it in the salt water concoction and allow it to soak up the liquid. 
  6. Tightly wrap affected areas with the ace bandage (make sure the water is NOT SCOLDING but is still warm! You want it to be warm to open up your pours!
  7. Follow up by wrapping the bandaged areas with saran wrap. This will lock in the moisture and your body heat!!
  8. Go about your business! Wrap before bed or while you are hanging out. Unwrap a few hours later and check out your results!

Alternative Version:

Items needed:
  • Coconut oil (any white lotion will work)
  • 1/4 cup of sea salt
  • ace bandage
  • saran wrap
  • 8 ounces of water (to drink!)
This is a much easier version of the "slimming wrap". Drink a glass of water before wrapping!
  1. Simply add the salt and coconut oil together. 
  2. Massage into areas needing treatment. 
  3. In this version, you will wrap with saran wrap FIRST to lock in your body heat! 
  4. Then, wrap the areas with the ace bandage to hold the saran wrap in place. A girdle helps to hold this in place if you have one :)
If you use this version, I recommend doing some housework or light exercise to increase your body temperature and really open up the pores. I suggest this be worn for a few hours or overnight!

Now...I have to be honest, I did get better results with the first version. I found myself going to the restroom every 15 minutes! if I am in a time crunch though, I like version number 2. I DID get results with BOTH! You can also use the Body Scrub recipes found below to wrap with! If you go for the Vanilla Latte or Sweet Mocha recipes, be sure to use salt in place of the sugar!

Let me know if you have tried either version and the results you found. Again...I AM NOT knocking the fancy schmancy ones, I liked them actually but can not afford the maintenance. I hope that these tricks help save you money and that you catch some results!

Do you LOVE to DIY Body Scrubs...Here are a few more recipes you might like!

Here is a Organic Vanilla Latte Cellulite Busting Body Scrub
Try My Organic Sweet Mocha Chocolate Body Scrub
Here is a Green Tea Weightloss Clay Detox and Weight Loss Recipe

Be sure to click one of the social media icons to follow me for more money saving body scrub recipes as well as healthy recipes and fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS