Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY Organic Anti-Aging Mask Recipe

Okay, I am not embarrassed to say it, my 30's are hitting me pretty hard. Until a year or so ago, I had not a wrinkle worry in the world but now I see lines between my eyebrows and parenthesis beside my lips that shouldn't be there.

As many of you may know, I am CHEAP (you can sugar coat it with frugal) and also trying to live an organic lifestyle. When it came to my hunt for an effective wrinkle cream...these two did not seem to go together. I searched online and found TONS of high priced serums, scrubs, and lotions but why spend all that money?  I then scoured the aisles at my local Health Food Store but I was looking in the wrong place! I was searching the bath and body section when I should have been shopping in the produce aisles.

YOU MAY WONDER WHY I CHOOSE ORGANIC MAKEUP SKINCARE? While a lot of people understand going organic with my foods, some really don’t see the point in selecting only organic makeups and skin care items.  I was the same way until I realized that my skin is a conductor NOT a carrier! Your skin is actually the largest organ of your body so whatever you apply to your skin gets absorbed into your bloodstream. Here I was ridding my family of chemicals only to pile them back into my system through my make up, soaps, and lotions. It was the same as working out at the gym only to stop at the Mexican place immediately afterwards (not that I haven’t done that). Studies actually have shown that chemicals contained in a mother's makeup can be present in their newborn or unborn child!

WHAT DO  I AVOID?
There is a lot of research on this subject and depending on who you read….it could be everything down to water. Here is a great list from Be Naturally You about what to avoid TOP 10 CHEMICALS TO AVOID! Many of the chemicals have been linked to cancers and carry warnings from the Cancer Society.

So now you know WHY I am avoiding chemicals and you also know that I was desperately searching for something that fit my budget and my organic mission..Thankfully, this Anti-Aging Wrinkle Recipe does BOTH and so much more!

DIY ORGANIC ANTI-AGING MASK RECIPE
Total spent - under $4.00!

To make this mask you will need the following:
1 Avocado
1 Banana
1 Teaspoon of Honey
1/2 Orange (squeezed)
If you are going 4 VEGAN - omit the honey! It's still a powerful mask!

Kinda looks like a shopping list, right?! Check out why each of these make the list. Don't worry, you can make this mask without some ingredients or just combine your favorite 2! Each one serves a purpose but each one is amazing alone too!

Avocado -Many anti-aging skin care products use avocado oil for its anti-aging properties! It is able to fight off trauma that is done to our skin in everyday life and it also helps to leave a youthful glow! They are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which is anti-inflammatory (inflammation leads to aged looking skin) and are even said to improve elasticity and deeply moisturize the skin!
Banana - Bananas are rich in several vitamins that help to rejuvenate the skin!
Honey -moisturizing and anti-bacterial abilities
Orange Juice - Vitamin C is needed for the collegan making process and it's a powerful antioxidant which helps undo damage.

Now...You are Ready to Make it! SIMPLY ADD THE INGREDIENTS INTO A BOWL AND SMASH!

Time to get your Frugal Spa ON!
  1. Start by placing a damp warm washcloth on your face. This will cause your pores to open up and absorb all of the goodness you are about to put on your skin.
  2. Apply the mask and allow it to sit for about 15-20 minutes.
  3. Remove the mask with warm water.
  4. Admire your fresh skin!
  5. You can do this a few times a week for a beautiful glowing complexion!
Want to see more Organic and Natural Beauty Tips?

Here are a FEW DIY Slimming & Weightloss Wrap Recipes!
Here are 8 reasons why I am coconutty for Coconut in my Beauty Routine!
Looking for GREEN Beauty on a Budget?! Check it out!

I hope you enjoy your mask! Please remember to follow me on Social Media for more DIY & Organic Beauty and Living Tips!

Not so interested in DIY? Here are a few great product solutions!

40% off Jason Organic Products at House of Nutrition Shop Now to Save 20% Sitewide at Michael Todd!



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS